San Giacomo dall’Orio
The parish church of San Giacomo dall’Orio was founded in the 9th century,
but rebuilt in 1225 and renovated between the 15th and 16th centuries. The result is a true palimpsest, where numerous spaces were added to the Romanesque structure, Byzantine elements, and extraordinary ship-hull ceiling, such as the two sacristies and the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament.
The church houses works by Lorenzo Lotto, Jacopo Palma the Younger, Francesco Bassano, Andrea Schiavone, Giulio del Moro, and Paolo Veronese.