San Polo

The parish church of San Polo was founded in the 9th century and intensely restored for the first time in the 15th century and, finally, in 1804, when David Rossi imposed a Neoclassical style on it.

Located upon one of the main squares of Venice, the church and its decorative apparatus are evidence of the social transformations of one of the most central areas of the city. The altars and chapels house works by Jacopo Tintoretto, Jacopo Palma the Younger, Giuseppe Porta Salviati, Paolo Veronese, Paolo Piazza, and Giambattista Tiepolo.

The counter-fa├žade leads to the 18th-century Oratory of the Crucifix, entirely decorated with notable works by Giandomenico Tiepolo, who created the fourteen stations of the Via Crucis (1749-1750).

More: Link 1 | Link 2